Thursday, May 24, 2012

#105 - Board. Boarding. Boarded.



`Tonight,
We are young
So let set the world on fire,
we can burn brighter,
than the sun~


Looking back, three weeks ago. 
I made my way along the long stretch of road that extends to the entrance of boarding. 

Yes, I'm boarding right now, and tomorrow is my last day of boarding. Feelings? I guess it's pretty mixed, considering the various boons and banes of boarding. Reduced travelling time, something I've always wanted, but I guess the saying that good things and bad things always go in pair still stands. With daily programmes, I hardly see any difference in managing time. Sieving out extra time seems like find needle in a haystack. I constantly see myself being unable to resist the temptations of the bed. Yeah, it has been calling for me ever since the first day I boarded. I'm always in a dilemma, to complete my homework while being fully exhausted by daily programmes, or to sleep. 
Whatever it is, I still passed my days well, I guess.

Boarding, a brand new dawn, and the homework also started piling in since it's the end of the semester. I guess I really need to start working hard after receiving setbacks that come in subsequently. Each blow is a new wake up call. Carelessness, and nervousness, my present obstacles. I thought carelessness was well controlled, after all it really was. Yeah, and if you didn't catch that, my carelessness IS back. 

Simple.
I need to start spending more time on my academics given that seasons are over even though I know that more trainings await me in the june holidays. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, days that I'd be sacrificing for hockey. Stamina has been going low in the recent days, that kind of saddens me. I want to get back my peak stamina. Being a well balanced athlete student may not seem easy, but I guess I'll have to spend my time in june wisely and work out something which can help me manage my time more efficiently.

Everything takes time and time is limited, it flies. Yeah, tomorrow is the last day of boarding, as I've said. I'm really looking forward to it. Everything at your own comfort zone, I really miss sleeping at home. It actually gets really inconvenient if you have a room mate because you have to respect one another. For that, I've made myself more disciplined and respected my room mate. Everyone has different lifestyles after all. 

I hope tomorrow's dinner going to be good. Formal dining, I got myself the clothes that I want even though they are mismatching for the dinner. I should have gotten that wine red chinos. Well, I'll settle for a beige-mustard one after all, since it's what I've been yearning for since last year. 

With boarding and leadership symposium for the last few weeks, I've spent less in school. However, my savings still amount to zero. I can't seem to be able to manage my expenses well. I'm always overspending on my meals, eating too much, with days that ended with 7 meals. I really need to control what i eat and how much I save. If my friends can save $100 per month, so can I. Of course, I will not starve myself. :/

It's really humid here in boarding that I'm visiting the bathhouse 3 times per day. Guess I won't have to experience that any more. (:  

Shall spend the holidays ahead well.
Academics.
Project Work.
Hockey.
Rest.

Let's do this! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment