Saturday, May 5, 2012

#104 - What doesn't kill you make you stronger



At the end of every tunnel, there's always light. 

Walking through this tunnel, the darkness that surrounds you, creates an anticipation of sudden fear.
Darkness, the obstacle, but once you've overcome your obstacle, seventh heaven.

Obstacles, I've been faced with them frequently. Yet, I tell myself, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. 
Overcoming obstacles, one of the greatest challenge in my life. The past week has been slightly good, just that every rise comes with a little setback. Each time I become more disciplined, I face a little dissatisfaction.

I've not been performing well enough for my academics, and time is the main issue. I need to get myself to keep calm and carry on. Well, after all these trivial setbacks, I guess it's really time to move on and be a better me. I'll have to spend more time with myself, my academics and CCA, rather than with trivial issues. Constantly reminding myself, there comes a point in life when I get tired of chasing everyone and fixing everything, but it's not giving up. It'd realising that I don't need certain people and the drama they bring.


Well leaving that aside, the past three days have been horrible, with extreme aches arising from my fever. At one point of time on Friday, I couldn't even walk properly because of the muscle aches between my hips and thighs. What I thought was already too terrible didn't just stop there. I think I did pretty badly for my interview later in the afternoon. Was it due to my fever, my injuries? No, what I thought was that I'm giving myself too much excuses. Yesterday how I performed was just as how I would have performed without fever and aches. I was really shocked at some point of time during the interviews, being thrown with some questions that were rather disheartening to hear. Well, it's all over now. I can only tell myself that even though I might not be the best candidate available, well at the very least, I've done my best. I do not really wish for anything at this point of time, because expectations lead to disappointments, and by not expecting, you'll feel less disappointed. Even if I'm not nominated to be in the executive committee, but I'll be proud of myself to have picked up courage to participate in the interview. Whatever the result is, after all, what has been told by my seniors, I'll reflect and pick up those learning points. Like what he said: "After this feedback session, I want to see changes."

Something like that, I thought, I will do them proud, because I want a team that loves one another, a team that has no divisions, and a team that has good communication.

Thoughts aside for now. I'm boarding soon in a few days time. No more waking up at 545am in the morning, something I'd look forward to, despite the facilities. Boarding, a total new experience for me. I shall keep myself positive and look ahead with optimism. Best of luck to myself and those boarding (:!

No comments:

Post a Comment